Featured Post

What is CIBIL (Credit Bureau) and why is it so important today?

Most customers in India, who have Credit Cards and Personal Loans are unaware of the existence of CIBIL (Credit Information Bureau (India) L...

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Which Credit Card can a businessman use for Working Capital Management?

Customer Says:

I am a business man and basically need money daily usually 10000-50000> on daily basis.So,I thought that a credit card might help me.Are these> really helpful.Pls tell me which card to apply for.
Ask Pranav says:

Credit Cards are to be used for convinience, so that you do not need to carry Cash everywhere you go. They are not to be used as Tools for Working capital management, as you are sure to get stuck in a Debt Trap. Please do not make this mistake.
However, if you need to get a Credit Card under any circumstances and you will be using it extensively, I suggest you avoid Barclaycard, ABN Amro and the other smaller companies. It would be better to go with ICICI or Citibank as they have a better product offereing and they have a robust Internet platform which will help you manage your account Online.
The Citibusiness Credit Card from Citibank would be a good option to go with.
Do write into ask.pranav@gmail.com for any further clarifications that you might have. Also do visit http://www.simplybank.blogspot.com/ for interesting articles in the financial services space, which may be of use to you.
Regards.
Pranav

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,

It has come to my knowledge that somebody has been issued an HSBC Credit card on my name, whereas I have no knowledge of any such card applied for by me. I already have a credit card of another bank and history of that is also on records.

Just recently, I had applied for a home loan and this finding came to my light in the Credit report from CIBIL. Much to my annoyance my loan is stuck only because of this Credit Card. Following are the points I wish to make:

1. This the Card No. I allegedly hold: 4384599915069438, Bank : HSBC.
2. On inquiry with the HSBC Customer care on phone, the address mentioned on the card is also not my domestic address.
3. There are certain transactions of purchase and payment after May 2008, and I am living in Singapore since then.

As you can understand it is very easy for me to prove my case incase you wish to pursue further inquiries on this. I would appreciate that you take corrective measures ASAP on this issue, and I am restraining myself to approach any Consumer Redressal Forum. Sorry for being stern on this but, this thanks to this, my house deal is at stake. Please make amends to the CIBIL information or atleast issue a letter clarifying my position on this so that I can process my home loan. Please also note, its not only about this loan, this transaction has maligned my Credit History for any future loans that I will wish to avail.

Hoping for a prompt response and action.

Regards,
-------
fraudulant Credit card opened in my name

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.