Featured Post

What is CIBIL (Credit Bureau) and why is it so important today?

Most customers in India, who have Credit Cards and Personal Loans are unaware of the existence of CIBIL (Credit Information Bureau (India) L...

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Case Study (Barclays Credit Card) - No Statements Sent but Charges Levied

Customer Says

I was holding Barclays credit card 4339481234567890 which was given on some promotion. I commited a mistake of using this card on 18-11-2007 for purchase of Rs 2174.00. I did not recieve any statement for this.Instead i recieved a call for payment. I was shocked but I was assured that any late payment charges shall be reveresed.Subsequently I sent payment of RS.2200 which was duly credited to my a/c on 28-12-2007.
But the bank kept on calling & sending statements inspite of card being suspended. Finally on 28-06-2008 AARTI came on line to inform that late payment charges can not be waived. I asked for supervisor & Mr Ranjit (Supervisor as told to me ) THAT HE CANNOT TAKE ANY REQUEST OR COMPLAINT ON A SUSPENDED CARD. I IMMEDIATELY ASKED HIM IF THEY CANNOT TAKE ANY COMPLAINT THEN HOW THE BANK CAN CHARGE INTREST OR OTHER CHARGES ON SUSPENDED CARD.i ASKED FOR MY COMPLAINT NO WHICH WAS 1897164 DT 28-06-2009.
Mr Ranjit told me to check status after few days. On 10-07-2009 Rashmi told me that this is not a complaint no but a REF>NO> ONLY. IT WAS SUCH A SHOCKING EXPERIENCE. Looking forward for early redressal.

Ask.Pranav Says:

This is a standard complaint received from most users of Barclaycards. The Statement Process is poor and the charge reversal policy is also not implemented properly. You need to do the following.

(1) Write to the E-Mail ID provided on the website which is service@brclays.com
(2) If you do not get a response write to the Nodal Officer which is Mrs.Meera Rawat and her Contact ID is provided on the website
(3) If she does not respond, write to the Banking Ombudsman for help \
It is very important that you remember the dates on which you spoke to the bank and all the written communication and have copies of the same. It is important that you submit the same to the Ombudsman when you do not receive a satisfactory response from the Bank for 45 days.
I suggest you do not waste any time reasoning out with the Barclaycard Contact Centre folks. It is an absolute waste of time. Just patiently make your point, record your call and hang-up
Also do visit the following website on http://www.simplybank.blogspot.com There are several articles on Credit Cards posted here which may be of use to you

No comments: